Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
This form can not be saved so please have all of your information ready before you start.
Communication with children is the theme for the 2022 Outstanding Education and Care Program Award.
‘Communication is crucial to belonging, being and becoming. From birth children communicate with others using gestures, sounds, language and assisted communication. They are social beings who are intrinsically motivated to exchange ideas, thoughts, questions and feelings, and to use a range of tools and media, including music, dance and drama, to express themselves, connect with others and extend their learning’
(Belonging, Being & Becoming the Early Years Learning Framework. P.41)
In 2018, 16.7% of Northern Territory children were identified as vulnerable in the communication domain of the Australian Early Development Census compared to the Australian average of 8.2%.
The 2022 NT Education and Care Awards seeks to celebrate services who deliver a program of excellence that focuses on improved communication outcomes for their children.
- The early childhood education and care service or program is delivering a program of excellence that focuses on delivering improved communication outcomes for children.
- The program must be led by at least one early childhood educator or teacher who holds an ACECQA approved qualification.
- Early childhood education and care service or program is located in the Northern Territory.
- Early childhood education and care service or program caters for children aged from birth to 5 years (12 years for OSHC services).
- Early childhood education and care service or program type is; outside school hours care, long day care, family day care, kindergarten, preschool, playgroup, Families as First Teachers or other service type that is not part of a formal schooling program from the year Transition onwards.
- Nomination is endorsed by the supervisor or service provider. Details of current supervisor, director or service provider required within the nomination form.