Terms and Conditions
- Nominations must be received before 5pm of the closing date. Late nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominees will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria for the nominated category and are endorsed by the service director, nominated supervisor or service provider.
- No responsibility will be accepted for incomplete, damaged, corrupt or non-received entries.
- Award finalists will be invited to attend the awards ceremony , at Parliament House in Darwin.
- Travel fares and accommodation costs will be provided to finalists who reside outside of Darwin and Palmerston.
- Recipients of individual awards will receive a certificate, trophy and a cash prize is to be used towards professional learning and development in the education and care sector.
- Recipients of service awards will receive a certificate, trophy and a cash prize is to be used to contribute to professional learning, or the development of staff and quality improvements in the service or program.
- Award recipients will be required to provide a short statement within 12 months of winning the award demonstrating how they utilised the prize money to further their professional learning and improved the service.
- The judging panel reserves the right to withhold an award in the event no nominations are received that meet the award criteria.
- The decision of the judging panel is final and not subject to appeal.
- Should the judging panel experience difficulties in determining a winner for a category, the decision will be deferred to the Key Stakeholder Advisory Group (KSAG).
- The judging coordinator will consult with QECNT to ensure shortlisted nominees are not the subject of significant non-compliance issues.
- Judges will disclose any known, possible or perceived conflict of interest and remove themselves from the judging process.
- All information received by judges and discussion between judges is to be considered privileged and confidential.
General terms and conditions
- All submitted nomination forms will become the property of the Northern Territory Education and Care Awards.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Northern Territory Education and Care Awards is not liable for any loss or damage suffered or sustained by award nominees or recipients as part of their participation in these awards.
- The Northern Territory Education and Care Awards reserves the right to use the name and photographs and video or audio recordings of award nominees for marketing and promotional purposes relating to the awards, including but not limited to, printed publications, newsletters, posters, advertisements, websites, media releases and social media.
- The Northern Territory Education and Care Awards reserves the right to wholly or partially revoke or alter these terms and conditions at any time.
- Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in the non-acceptance of some nominations.
09 May 2019