About the Awards and Governance
The Department of Education and the Key Stakeholder Advisory Group (KSAG) for early childhood and school age education and care established the Northern Territory Education and Care Awards in 2013.
The annual awards aim to:
- recognise and promote quality and outstanding achievement across the education and care sector
- build the capacity and profile of the education and care sector
- promote the professionalism of the education and care sector
- provide a networking opportunity for educators, service operators and stakeholders.
To ensure the integrity of the awards separate organisations are appointed to manage the logistics and the judging of the awards.
Child Australia has been appointed to coordinate the 2019 awards. This role is separate from the judging process.
Contact Child Australia at email@example.com for enquiries about:
- completing a nomination form
- making a parent or community voice submission
- the awards ceremony.
Early Childhood Australia has been appointed as the independent Judging Coordinator for the 2019 awards.
Contact Early Childhood Australia at ECEAwards19@ecant.org.au for enquiries about:
- referee checks
- submitted nominations.